What To Do After A Bike Accident
Choosing Your Medical Providers After A Bicyce Accident
Choosing Medical Providers After A Bicycle Accident Happens
Medical Providers After A Bicycle Accident
Seeking quality medical care and following your providers’ advice is the best path to emotional, physical, and financial recovery from your accident.
Here are a few suggestions that may help in your recovery:
1. Seek treatment at a hospital Emergency Room. Smaller “Urgent Care” locations sometimes do not staff physicians or the medical equipment on-site, such as MRI machines, to adequately treat an accident victim. A hospital, however, will have the appropriate staff and facilities to provide appropriate care.
2. Get your initial care from a physician, instead of a non-physician, such as a chiropractor, naturopath, or acupuncturist.
3. Follow up after your ER visit with your primary care physician. Your primary care physician can coordinate your treatment by multiple specialists and oversee your overall care.
4. Establish care with a specialist. If you have a specific injury, you should seek treatment from a specialist. For example, if you have an injured knee, your should be treating with an orthopedist, or if you are having cognitive issues, you should be evaluated by a neurologist.
5. Follow your providers’ advice. If your primary care physician refers you to a specialist, schedule your initial appointment immediately. If your provider refers you to physical therapy, locate a therapist close to your home or work and begin your therapy program as soon as possible. Following your provider’s advice can increase your chances of a full recovery, and demonstrate that you are trying to resolve, or “mitigate,” your injuries.
6. Do not have time gaps in your treatment. For example, if your primary care physician refers you to a specialist, find a specialist that can see you within a week or two. Gaps of even a few weeks can reduce your chances of a full recovery, and make it appear that you are not trying to “mitigate” your injuries.
Medical care can be a complex issue, and our healthcare system puts up many roadblocks. Getting the right care, from the right providers, can be daunting, but the effort will payoff in your recovery.
SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOW
Website Design by Colorado SEO Expert Marketing